Amar Alohi Scheme: Assam govt has designed a scheme for the tourism dept to provide incentives to those units who provide homestay facilities. There will be two types one is New Homestays another is Existing Homestays.
Govt of Assam in coordination with Assam Tourism Development Corporation, Aamaar Aalohi scheme has been implemented with the benefit of 80% cost of the project will be given as subsidy. Only the Newly Setup Homestay unit can get this subsidy. While existing units can get the guidance, training and more. You can check all the benefits below.
Amar Alohi Scheme Details
Amar Alohi Scheme is to support the tourism industries that lies in Assam by providing proper advice, free training, renovation, and construction of buildings, etc. Assam govt will provide 80% of the project cost for newly setup Homestays.
|Year||2020 – 2021|
|Benefits||Subsidy up to 80% of Project cost|
Eligibility of the scheme
As I have said, this scheme is to enhance the tourism of Assam so the only those units are eligible. And, both Newly Setup units and Existing units can apply for this scheme. However, the selection of the units is based on some conditions. Those are-
Location of the house:
- The houses should not be only from Rural or Non-Urban area.
- Houses should be close to tourists spots.
- Tourists spots like any fairs or festivals, Mela held where huge numbers of people visit.
Benefits of the Amar Alohi Scheme
As I said earlier, there are two types of benefits available for the Aamaar Aalohi scheme. One is for the newly set up units and another is for existing units. Let’s check out both the benefits below-
Incentives for the Newly Setup Units
- For Assam type cottage – Subsidy of 80% of the project cost.
- For Stilted Assam type cottage – Subsidy of 80% of the project cost.
- Remaining 20% of the cost should have to be arranged by the holder itself.
Incentive for Existing Setup Units
- Recognition through online-registration as an authorized tourist establishment register under Assam Tourism.
- Professional advice for improvements of homestays & guest services by experts in the respective fields.
- Free training on homestay and hospitality services, basic accounts, attitude building, marketing etc.
- Free publicity and marketing opportunities through official websites of Assam Tourism.
- Listing the accommodation guide and homestay directory published by Assam Tourism.
- Free of charge listing in the periodically printed brochures and advertisement.
- Free marketing opportunities via national and international information counters, travel fairs, tourist directories, guidebooks and social media networks.
- Allow eligible homestay unit to display the Assam Tourism homestay logo as a registered establishment.
- Familiarization trips (FAM trips) for homestay operators to famous homestay organization / tourism entities promoting rural, cultural and nature tourism.
- Encourage local communities to adopt organic farming techniques.
Selection Process of the scheme
If you want to know the Selection Process of the house units under the Aamaar Aalohi scheme, you can check the scheme notification at Assam Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. Here, you can also find how 80% of funds are released to the beneficiary step by step. As far so, the subsidy amount is given in three phases as 20 + 50 + 30 as instalment basis.
Those selected home units under the Amar Alohi scheme can get subsidy amount of ₹ 6 Lakh for Assam type & ₹ 8 Lakh for Stilted Assam type houses. Also, remember that you need to complete the project under 6 months from the date of the 1st instalment released.
Also, Check out Assam Dhanwantari Scheme | Medicine Delivery Online Registration
How to apply for the Amar Alohi Scheme?
Those who want to build a Tourism house should apply for the Amar Alohi scheme where they can get several benefits. The holder should submit their documents with application form to the Assam Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. However, the selection process is dependent on the Selection Committee. To know further, you can check the notification on ATDC Ltd that is linked above.